Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Dilemma

Have you ever been in a situation where you need to choose one over another but you badly want both?

Hell no, I'm not talking about my lovelife here! (as if i have one:}). I've been battling about my options given the chances and choices there is in front of me. But what am I talking about???

Well, I've been reading a lot and there's just too many people, stories and experiences that got me inspired. But they have a common theme to always follow what you want, fuel your life with passion, go for the one that makes you truly happy, don't let the moment pass you by etc... It really got me thinking and reflecting about my own life too. What do i want, where am i going? Im so not getting any younger but I don't wanna be pressured about the age thing...Who's in a hurry? But they have a point, time is ticking, the things I can do now, i might not be able to do them in the years to come.
Okay, enough of the suspense, spill the beans.

I remember the posts about my ultimate dream-the one i gave up but I don't wanna let too many moments passed me by. I don't wanna leave in regret when I look back one day. I'm gonna chase after what I want too:)

So what do I want? There's two things I know I'll forever regret if I won't do it this year: STUDY AND TRAVEL. The latter seemed more fun to do but remember I am suddenly in a timeline that before I reached the big 3-0,  I gotta be able to get the master's degree too, else i'll be so fucked up:) and I don't ever wanna feel that way again. So why and what's causing the dilemma?
For one, if I pursue my studies I won't be able to travel. Why because between the two I'm also doing this 8 hour work. I gotta have work to finance my journey right?

I figured my 2 days rest day will be spent schooling, researching, brow burning. Definitely no time for travel. Then again if I choose to travel, I know in my heart I'll live with regret because I've always wanted to study again. It's part of the reason why I moved here in Cebu. I've been delaying the dream and the plan for so many years now. So what have I decided?

After a month of this pressing, stressful thinking, I've decided to do both. I wanna know the two sides of the road. How would I do it? I figured timing and careful planning may help.

So what's the plan? The plan is to travel first. Yes. Traveling comes first:) My brother will graduate by May, so less expenses on the family and more on me! Schooling starts by June, but I can't wait to be on the road, explore beaches and thousand sunsets and sunrises. I can't wait. So the first half of the year will be spent traveling and the second half for studying. I think it sounds pretty fair. What you think?
 really, really hope this time it'll happen accordingly. God let it happen this year!

I know this may not really be a major dilemma to some but for me it is. My hobbies and perspective changed a bit. I fell in love with traveling too, but it's not the only thing I wanted to do. It's never really too late or too old to follow the dream, find whatever it is that keeps  you awake at night, fuel it, hold on to it. It's better to have a goal than lie idle and wake up one day with your whole life passing right in front your  eyes.

I'm excited how this journey will end, i'm looking forward for the adventure and how different it will be once I go back to school. I'm not even sure if my perspective will change after since i'll pursue travel first. One step at a time. One baby step, one small leap if faith:)



Explore

The mountains...

The ocean...

the beaches...Coz life can't wait:)

No comments: