Thursday, August 30, 2012

Of Plans, Surprises and Sweet Finds...

Plans are made, laid out and thought about. But as to acting on it and making it a reality, it can involve a  lot of twists and turns, and it may not always be how it was originally desired.

So my supposed plan to explore Bacolod, discover nature and taste its food and culture last July 28 remains just as it was- a plan. Bad weather-what with typhoon Gener threatening the country and all. I'm a bit out of budget too and even though i've bought few wardrobes for this trip, i have to settle for the alternatives.

Being an ocassional control freak that i am, this doesn't come easy on me. But then again, i've managed and and survived it anyways.
So where have i been when i got the 4 days off?

Saturday-Kinda unproductive, after all the many plans that day with friends, i ended up sleeping the whole day through and partly the night away...

Sunday- The day started unexpectedly with this JERK across my room who got the nerve talking to me-only when he is drunk. And frankly i don't want him ruining this post so no details here about what happened on that fateful day!
Sunday was spent beach bumming at Portofino beach resort till noon, then movie after and my favorite part was a lazy but fun way of welcoming the dusk by the swing at CEMPark with a friend  and some random conversation about life. We cooked  dinner that night then off to sleep again...or so i thought. But i got an invitation from my co-workers to watch a movie at dawn! Yes, dawn. There's this private movie house near our office called HANS movie house where you can rent movies and the room and watch with friends. It's less expensive considering the privacy you'd get since the room is exclusive to you  and your friends only. So there, that ends my Sunday....which extended to a monday morning since we went home at 5am:)


Beach bumming with Josh and Mica

Childlike Joy with Mica

Aww, the waves is too strong for me!

Swinging and melancholy at CemPark

Mark's mood? hmmmnn...

What did we watch? " Never Let me Go"- a tear jerker type...:)


Monday- Spent the day in a cheap bookshop at Robinson's Cebu- and what a surprise! Found this novel i've read back in my high school years and got the strong desire to buy it for posterity's sake- Rosamunde Pilcher's The SHELL SEEKERS. Random window shop and food trip. Gave in to my cravings for siomai and got myself a cheeseburger meal at Mcdonalds. Not good and definitely not healthy but what the heck, who cares anyway. This is definitely one of those days that i don't care! gave in dude!

I like buying cheap books:)


Love my cheap finds! Cost me just p140 all four books!


Ended the night by dining with my friends and neighbors. Cooked sinigang na bangus with Mark and had one fine dinner. Surprisingly the night didn't end there. After json, V and Joy left for work, Mark and I decided to have coffee- my favorite instant coffee nescafe creamy latte and then we watched a movie on his PC after- in between random conversations...then bedtime for me.


am not an avid coffee drinker but this one just is right for me:)


Tuesday- mall hopping, spent time looking for books I wanna read this year at Fully booked Ayala. The Perks of Being a Wallflower is added on my list. 50 shades of grey is as usual out of stock ( But i read from e-book all three already as of me posting this) had lunch at The Spaghetti Factory Ayala, did my grocery and then agreed with Mark to cook dinner again that night. I love cooking eventhough i'm not good at it. We simply cooked string beans with corned beef and fried fish with pipino and tomatoes. Ended the night by sleeping early. Then woke up the next morning sound tripping and singing my heart out amidst my neighbor's disapproval maybe. But you know what? Read my lips- I don't care! haha. So mean of me. Sorry folks, that was my moment right there!


The Spagetti Factory @Ayala Cebu

strawberry shake and my fave stick-O! yummy:)

And that's how i spent my 4 days off:)

No comments: