Friday, October 15, 2010

FIRE and ICE



FIRE and ICE

Robert Frost



Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.



So what do you think? It's always nice to be given a choice between fire and Ice. But I say both are essential, it represents something in each individual. I need my fire- to keep this passion, desire, dream. To laze in a cloud where freedom and happines aren't something associated with choices and chances.


But too much of this fire can burn you as well- grudges, revenge, selfishness, greed. Who knows what else you can do in the name of this overbearing desire to get something, be something.


So ICE reminds me of a phase frozen-because you need to think, to feel empty, to reflect. Allow a moment of peace to pass and to contemplate. You need both good and bad...:)






No comments: